Monday, November 16, 2009

MJ's Top 50 Games of All Time (20 - 11)

20. New Super Mario Brothers (Nintendo DS)

The only DS game on my list, New Mario Brothers is also one of the best games ive ever played. Ive got alot of DS games, but none come close to the awesomeness that is New Super Mario Brothers. A version has just been released on the wii. I'l pick it up in a few weeks. Lets see if that gets a place here too.

19. Ratchet and Clank : Tools of destruction (PS3)

The Ratchet and Clank series is one of those strong franchises, which combine great graphics, cool weapons and lovable characters and the PS3 edition is no different. While we have yet to play games that are on the level of CGI movies, Ratchet and Clank on the PS3 is the closest we have got to 'playing a cartoon'.

18. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3/ xbox 360)

A recent addition to my list , Arkham Asylum stuns critics into accepting that a video game based on a licenced product needn’t necessarily suck. Some may say this is one of the greatest games of the year – I would say its one of the greatest. Period. Ive included both versions n this list because while the Xbox nudges out with better controls and slightly better graphics (and I completed it on Xbox- the PS3 version lets you use Joker in the Challenge rooms.

17. Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64)

You probably noticed quite a few games in my top fifty list are from Nintendos ill fated N64 system, but the truth is - it is my favourite console of all time. While most critics still consider the original to be the best, I enjoy mario Kart 64. It still stands as the only game I could convince my little sister to play with me. Well, this and Mortal Kombat - weird kid, go figure)

16. Def Jam 2: Fight for New York (Xbox)

Sporting a line up of some of the most influential hip hop stars out there as well as some of the most outrageous finishing moves, and an interesting story, Def Jam is without a doubt the best beat em up ive played. Everything about this game oozes quality, from the opening video to the cut scenes between beat downs. Besides - how can you not enjoy a game that allows you to beat up Sean Paul?

15. Super Mario Brothers 3 (Nes)

The ultimate gaming icon provided me with many hours of gameplay as I once again visited the mushroom kingdom. The biggest selling franchise in video game history, every Mario game is pure quality. Frog man and Racoon man - I salute you

14. NBA Street Vol 2( PS2)

I dont play many American Sports in real life (Actually i dont play any), but I really enjoy video game basketball, and this is one of the greatest ever made. Its actually in my top 5 PS2 games of all time. Awesome game (as you can see, i chose 2 over 3. 2 just Feels right)

13. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Yes folks, another Mario Game - Super Mario galaxy is the best game on the wii, and is also one of the best games made in the past few years. If you have a wii, this needs to be in your library. Stop kidding yourself with the wii fit, youre not going to lose weight by looking at that balance board - so you might as well have some fun with the console.

12. Call of duty Modern Warfare (Xbox 360)

The single player was short, really short. But like a one night stand with a film actress, It was something I will remember for many years. Call of Duty 4 dropkicked the franchise into the modern age, and delivered a nail biting and action packed adventure that no other war game has been able to recreate. Not to mention the fact that I still played this in multiplayer every week until the new one came out

11. God OF War 2 (ps2)

Two years ago I only really played one PS2 game, and after you play God of War 2 you dont really want to play any other PS2. A fitting swansong for Sonys beautiful console, God of War 2 puts you back into the blood filled sandals of Kratos as you aide the Titans against the Gods. Boasting graphics that are comparable to most Xbox 360 games, God of War 2 is just that damn good.

Check back tomorrow for my Top Ten.

No comments: